Learn from expert tutors. 1-hour classes. Each program session runs for 6-8 classes.
Intermediate Lessons in Scratch
Description: In this course, kids will learn about more complex programming concepts such as cloning, broadcast messages, and moving sprites using keys on the keyboard.
Concepts: External Events, Variables, Randomness, Cloning
What kids will learn
- Students will learn how to create programs that respond to external events e.g. controlling a character using the keyboard
- Students will learn how to create interactions between characters in a program e.g. one character reacts when touching another character
- Students will be introduced to the concept of random numbers and how they can use it to add a level of uncertainty to their programs
- Students will learn how to use variables to hold values that can change e.g. to keep track of the score when playing a game
- Students will work with more advanced types of loops and conditions e.g. repeat/wait until a condition is met
- Students will learn about creating and deleting multiple instances of an object (cloning)
- Students will learn how to send silent messages (broadcasts) from one object to other parts of a program
- Students will learn how to write programs that create art
- A laptop or tablet with an Internet connection.
- Foundational Scratch knowledge e.g. Introduction to using Scratch