Learn from expert tutors. 1-hour classes. Each program session runs for 6-8 classes.
Introduction to Coding using Scratch
Description: In this course, kids will learn the basics of Scratch and use it to create animations, stories, games, and music! They would join 1-hour classes once a week led by an expert tutor.
Concepts: Instructions, Sequencing, Loops, Conditions, Events
What kids will learn
- Students will be introduced to Programming, also known as Coding, which is basically giving instructions to a machine. For this course, they will use a tool known as Scratch which is a visual programming language for building fun apps
- Students will learn about sequencing of instructions and how to create programs that respond to various events
- Students will learn how to use loops to repeat instructions continuously or for a number of times
- Students will learn how to create simple games, stories, and animations e.g. moving characters around a stage, working with sounds and music, conversation between characters
- Students will learn about conditions (e.g. if-then-else) and use these to alter the flow of a program
- Students will learn how to create programs that respond to external events e.g. controlling a character using the mouse pointer
- A laptop or tablet with an Internet connection.
- No previous coding experience is needed.